Your new role
Our Assistant Managers bring an infectious enthusiasm to our retail environments which cascades throughout their teams. They coach, motivate, and inspire their colleagues to produce outstanding performance which is demonstrated through a customer experience second to none. A high attention to organisational detail is required for this role as our Assistant Managers will take responsibility for operational aspects of our teams such as rotas, appraisals, and stock management.
What you'll be doing
- To effectively and proactively support the team to achieve goals, targets and expectations through coaching and development
- Lead by example in helping deliver exceptional customer experience by effective listening, questioning and supporting the customer throughout the entire journey from beginning to end
- Assist the Branch Manager in the day to day running of the showroom
- Share best practice amongst team members and drive a positive work environment
- Act as an ambassador for our group values, using your positive influence to create a winning team where everyone feels welcome
- Demonstrate passion for fantastic customer service and the ability to lead a team to mirror your high standards
The role is for you if...
- You are adaptable, motivated and inspirational
- You have excellent communication skills and can effortlessly connect with stakeholders of all levels
- You have a good foundation of leadership experience from retail or commercial sales experience
- You want a career with fantastic opportunities and progression
- You like to work in a fun, friendly and rewarding environment
- You care about our customers and want to deliver the best possible customer experience
- You find it easy to engage with others from all backgrounds and can easily adapt your style depending on who you're talking to
- You have good commercial awareness and a play to win mentality
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
- Retail Bonus Scheme - opportunity to earn bonus and uncapped commission every month
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Generous holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get! Opportunity to purchase additional holidays each year!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay
- Full comprehensive training
- Paid days to volunteer each year
Any offer is subject to references & DBS Checks