Your new role
As our Branch General Manager, you’ll bring your passion for delivering an unrivalled customer experience, and ability to inspire your colleagues to do the same. You’ll coach, mentor and champion your people to help them fulfil our customer’s needs and help make their houses feel like warm and welcoming homes. You’ll take responsibility for the growth and revenue of your store, by sitting firmly in your team’s corner, you’ll help them achieve their targets and get the most out of their career at DFS.
What you'll be doing
- To effectively and proactively support the team to achieve goals, targets and expectations through coaching and development, to make sure they feel supported and able to do their best work
- Lead by example in helping deliver exceptional customer experience by effective listening, questioning and supporting the customer throughout the entire journey from beginning to end
- Share best practice amongst team members and drive a positive work environment
- Act as an ambassador for our group values, using your positive influence to create a winning team where everyone feels welcome
- Operational aspects such as rota’s, performance evaluations and stock management
- Recruiting new talent in to the team as required
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times
- Developing and implementing long term strategic plans, identifying opportunities and adapting to changing trends
- Overseeing all aspects of the store to ensure a smooth operation
The role is for you if...
- You are adaptable, motivated and inspirational
- You have excellent communication skills and can effortlessly connect with stakeholders of all levels
- Experience in leading and effectively managing a diverse team with a range of backgrounds and differing levels of experience
- You want a career with fantastic opportunities and progression
- You’re entrepreneurial, with a self-starter attitude
- Commercial awareness to help reach sales targets and drive store revenue growth
- You like to work in a fun, friendly and rewarding environment
- You care about our customers and want to deliver the best possible customer experience
- You find it easy to engage with others from all backgrounds and can easily adapt your style depending on who you're talking to
- Have great attention to detail and organisational skills — being responsible for the smooth operation of the store, so these are essential
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
- Retail Bonus Scheme - opportunity to earn bonus and uncapped commission every month
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Generous holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get! Opportunity to purchase additional holidays each year!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay
- Full comprehensive training
- Paid days to volunteer each year
Any offer is subject to references & DBS Checks