Your new role
As our Store Manager, you’ll bring your passion for delivering an unrivalled customer experience, and your ability to inspire your colleagues to do the same. You’ll coach, mentor and champion your people to help them fulfil our customer’s needs and help make their houses feel like warm and welcoming homes. You’ll take responsibility for the growth and revenue of your store, by sitting firmly in your team’s corner, you’ll help them achieve their targets and get the most out of their career at DFS. You will be key in driving the success of your store.
Setting you up for a successful DFS future
When you join us, you’ll be set up for success with a 3-month induction plan to help you settle into the role and into our DFS team. It will help you to get up to speed with all there is to know about our products, your team, your stakeholders and our amazing customers. You will immerse yourself in DFS with hands-on learning, spending time with experienced DFS leaders and visiting plenty of our established stores, giving you the insight into how they operate first hand, allowing you to draw on that experience and pick the best bits that align with your leadership style.
What you'll be doing
- You will have the overall responsibility for the running of your store. Focusing on the customer experience, colleague development and delivering commercial growth for your store.
- You will effectively and proactively support your team to achieve goals, targets and expectations through coaching and development, to make sure they feel supported and able to do their best work
- You will be responsible for all aspects of the store to ensure a smooth operation, including Showroom Standards, H&S, Audits, Stock Management, Resource and Rota Planning.
- Leading by example in helping to deliver exceptional customer experience by effective listening, questioning and supporting the customer throughout the entire journey from beginning to end
- Share best practice amongst team members and drive a positive work environment
- Act as an ambassador for our group values, using your positive influence to create a winning team where everyone feels welcome
- Recruiting new talent in to the team as required
- Developing and implementing long term strategic plans, identifying opportunities and adapting to changing trends
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times
The role is for you if...
- Sales environments can be tricky to navigate at times, so being calm and self motivating, allowing you to plan ahead will help your team keep on track when things don’t go to plan.
- Working collaboratively with our wider teams is important for us at DFS, we know that when we’re all on the same page, we can achieve even more. So building close relationships is a bare necessity.
- Not afraid of trying new things and thinking differently when you spot something doesn’t feel quite right.
- Communication is key, at all levels, with everyone. It’s about knowing your audience, knowing your stakeholders and knowing your customer. Adaptability and emotional intelligence are a complimentary duo!
- Leading people comes second nature, you enjoy helping your team perform at their best by inspiring and motivating them which brings your team on the journey with you.
- You’ll need to know your numbers and more importantly how you can influence them. Numbers are your indicator when something isn’t right, but analysing them to help you spot the opportunities is what will help you and your team excel.
- You have a genuine interest in helping your team deliver the best possible customer experience, and continuously looking for ways to do better.
- It goes without saying, having very strong organisational skills and an eye for detail are essential skills. There’s a lot of plates to spin when running a store, but with these skills you won’t miss a trick.
- You are looking for a challenging but rewarding role with big responsibilities but even bigger benefits!
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
Are you interested in leading one of our Flagship stores? We have a really exciting opportunity for the right person, our Milton Keynes store is one of our Top 10 stores and has an amazing high profile within the business. We are looking for an exceptional leader with high energy, who can lead the way in delivering a world class service to our customers to exceed their expectations. The ideal candidate will have strong leadership skills in engagement, performance management and building a high performing team.
Milton Keynes is one of our biggest and busiest stores with consistent high footfall; which makes it a great opportunity to earn some amazing bonuses! Making it achievable to earn approximately £80,000 (Including your basic salary of £44,126) through various bonus elements!
Internal development programmes designed to help you reach your next milestone and progress within DFS
A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
Generous holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get! Opportunity to purchase additional holidays each year!
Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
Group Pension Scheme
Group Sharesave Scheme
Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay
Full comprehensive training
Paid days to volunteer each year
24 days annual leave with ability to purchase 5 more days annual leave to use