Your new role
Our Group Financial Reporting Lead opportunity is offered on a hybrid basis working 2 days from our Doncaster based head office. You will play a pivotal role within our finance function,
- Consolidation: Oversee the consolidation of financial statements for the entire group, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards.
- IFRS/GAAP Compliance: Stay abreast of changes in accounting standards (IFRS or GAAP) and ensure the group's financial statements are in compliance.
- Interim and Annual Reports: Coordinate the preparation and review of interim and annual financial reports for external stakeholders.
Group Accounting Policies:
- Develop and Maintain Policies: Establish and maintain group-wide accounting policies to ensure consistency and compliance across all subsidiaries.
- Design and Implement Controls: Develop and implement internal controls to safeguard the integrity of financial information and compliance with regulations.
- Monitor Effectiveness: Regularly assess and monitor the effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate financial risks.
What you'll be doing
The role will support the delivery and development of statutory financial accounting and external reporting requirements, as well as activity to deliver simple, automated process & controls.
Working cross functionally to coordinate and deliver a smooth and well managed reporting and external audit process. With demonstrable experience in delivering corporate reporting to clear timescales and effecting change, you will have the necessary communication skills to build relationships across the group in adopting new and improved ways of working.
The role is for you if...
- You have experience of external/plc financial reporting, producing consolidated financial statements utilising your strong technical understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Experience of implementing new standards and requirements.
- Strong understanding of and rigorous approach to control and reconciliation practices.
- Drive for precision and thorough understanding, proactive identification and resolution of variances and errors.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with broader business to understand the drivers of results and use this knowledge to inform and enhance financial reporting.
- ACA qualified (or ACCA)
- Knowledge of Open Accounts would be an advantage.
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
- Excellent salary
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Generous holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get! Opportunity to purchase additional holidays each year!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay
- Full comprehensive training
- Paid days to volunteer each year
Any offer is subject to references & DBS Checks