Your new role
Location: Lincoln House Woodmill, Alfreton, DE55 4QQ
Hours: Full Time. 39 hours per week.
Shifts: This role will operate on our afternoon shift - Monday to Thursday - 2.00pm to 12.20am
Salary: £22,359 per annum
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a Production Kitting Operative to join our fast paced Manufacturing team at our Lincoln House Woodmill site on a permanent basis.
A Production Kitting Operative is a key role in our furniture frame assembling process. Our Kitting Operatives take the cut and shaped pieces of timber and collect them together as a collection of pieces for our Assemblers to manufacture the frame. A high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment which requires a lot of manual lifting are essential.
No previous experience is required, just a desire to succeed and a willingness to learn.
The role is for you if...
This role really suits people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and are capable of a lot of manual handling and heavy lifting. Ideally you will also be comfortable working with their hands with multiple materials and tools.
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
We want you to really feel at home at DFS, with the support you need to do your best work, as well as a range of great benefits:
- Overtime paid at a time and a third
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax (and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get!)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay