Your new role
Location: Lincoln House Factory, Alfreton, DE55 4QQ
Hours: Full Time. 39 hours per week.
Shifts: This role will operate on our afternoon shift - Monday to Thursday 2.00pm to 12.20am
Salary: £22,359 per annum
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a Production Operative to join our fast paced Manufacturing team at our Lincoln House Factory manufacturing site on a Permanent basis. A Production Operative is a role to start building a rewarding career and making yourself at DFS. You will learn the processes of the factory and the materials that are needed to manufacture our furniture. Initially this role will require you to ensure that materials and products are available throughout our factory so will require a lot of manual lifting and stamina. As you start to become successful and understand the role and the products you can choose whether you want to develop and learn skills such as Upholstery or Sewing giving you a fantastic opportunity to grow and to earn more.
No previous experience is required, just a desire to succeed and a willingness to learn.
The role is for you if...
This role really suits people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and are capable of a lot of manual handling and heavy lifting. Ideally you will also be comfortable working with their hands with multiple materials and tools.
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
We want you to really feel at home at DFS, with the support you need to do your best work, as well as a range of great benefits:
- Overtime paid at a time and a third
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax (and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get!)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay