Your new role
Location: Northern Uph, Doncaster, DN6 7BD
Hours: Full Time. 40 hours per week.
Shifts: This role will operate over two alternating shifts. The morning shift - Monday to Friday 6.00am to 2.00pm and the afternoon shift - Monday to Thursday 2.00pm to 12.20am.
Salary: £24,024 per annum
What you'll be doing
We are looking for a Quality Control Assistant to join our fast paced Manufacturing team on a permanent basis, working 40 hours per week.
As a Quality Control Assistant at DFS you will check our fabulous products as they go on their journey through the Factory, checking every product matches up to our high standards, and ensuring that every customer experiences the same fantastic quality of product when it arrives with them.
You will need to be able to demonstrate high levels of attention to detail, the ability to work in a high volume environment, and pride in the role that you perform.
Please do not be put off applying if you don't feel you tick all the boxes, previous experience isn't required, just a desire to succeed and a willingness to learn.
The role is for you if...
This role really suits people who enjoy working in a fast paced environment and has an exceptional attention for detail. You will need to have a real pride in the work that you do.
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
We want you to really feel at home at DFS, with the support you need to do your best work, as well as a range of great benefits:
- Overtime paid at a time and a third
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax (and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get!)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay