Your new role
Location: Northern Uph, Doncaster, DN6 7BD
Hours: Full Time. 40 hours per week.
Shifts: This role will operate over two alternating shifts. The morning shift - Monday to Friday 6.00am to 2.00pm and the afternoon shift - Monday to Thursday 2.00pm to 12.20am.
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a Quality Control Team Leader to join our fast paced Manufacturing team at our Northern Upholstery site in Doncaster on a permanent basis.
Our Quality Control Team Leaders are responsible for the day to day leadership and management of their team including areas such as performance and absence management, health & safety compliance, achieving of quality targets, and personal development. You will need to have an engaging and inspiring personality to motivate your team to ensure standards of manufacturing are kept sky high and that our customers expectations are always met.
We're looking for people who are passionate about doing a great job, ready to get stuck in and be part of a high achieving team. You don't need to have previous furniture making experience but a background in Quality Control is essential. There is a lot of on the job training so if you have a willingness to learn we will teach you everything you need to know.
The role is for you if...
Experience of motivating a team and a high attention to detail are essential. You will need to be an inspiring leader with knowledge of manufacturing and quality processes.
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
We want you to really feel at home at DFS, with the support you need to do your best work, as well as a range of great benefits:
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax (and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get!)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay