Your new role
As a Retail Sales Advisor, you will use your passion and infectious enthusiasm to support our customers throughout their journey. You will connect with them, to understand their inspirations, individual style and lifestyle to help them find their dream sofa.
Working together in your close knit team, you will be the face of the store and will become a DFS expert, knowing everything about our range from how firm or squishy, to our selection of fabrics and leathers, and using your expertise to provide an exceptional, personalised shopping experience to every customer.
Are you ready to make yourself at DFS?
What you'll be doing
- Warmly greet customers and engage with them in a friendly and professional manner
- Ask questions and listen to customers to learn about their wants and needs to help guide them to find their perfect sofa
- Maintain thorough knowledge of DFS products, their features, benefits and cost
- Completing customer orders via an Apple Ipad & completing finance applications
- Work collaboratively with the team and senior managers to provide feedback and continually improve the standards of service we offer
- Represent DFS values and those of our brand partners in everything that you do
The role is for you if...
- You have a natural flair for engaging with customers and thrive in a customer facing role
- You’re confident to proactively approach customers and discuss their needs
- You’re able to build positive relationships within the store
- You’re motivated by targets and KPI’s
- You’ve got a dedicated work ethic and want to be recognised and rewarded for it
- You want to work in a team environment where everyone is welcome and you can have fun
- You have great attention to detail — you’ll be ordering furniture that is handmade to your customer’s specifications
- You have a willingness to learn and a positive and friendly attitude
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
- Retail Bonus Scheme - opportunity to earn bonus and uncapped commission every month
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Generous holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get! Opportunity to purchase additional holidays each year!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay
- Full comprehensive training
- Paid days to volunteer each year
Any offer is subject to references & DBS Checks