Your new role
DFS Group is currently recruiting for an exciting new role to support the Sofology brand. As Sofology's SEO Assistant Manager, your primary role is to drive an effective SEO strategy, improving the platform's organic performance to achieve KPIs and generate valuable business opportunities. This hybrid position is based at our Doncaster Group Support Centre approximately 1-2 days a week.
We invest in our websites to ensure they keep inspiring our customers and make it easy for them to browse and buy online. Reporting to the Performance Marketing Manager, you'll lead on-page SEO optimizations, including category copy and metadata, with a strong emphasis on local SEO. Collaborating with PR and digital marketing teams, you'll maximise the benefits of content and influencer marketing and return for search.
In order to report back on performance, you will need to have experience in using various SEO and analytics tools & be confident in handling large sets of data to identify trends, flag concerns and provide recommendations for further improvements and growth opportunities. Your expertise will play a vital role in contributing to ongoing technical SEO roadmaps, supporting Sofology's broader search strategy.
What you'll be doing
- Conducting on-site and off-site SEO audits & competitor analysis
- Using Google Analytics and third party tools to conduct regular performance reports
- Leading keyword research, feeding into wider content plans and helping support teams content plans
- Taking ownership of and implementing best in class on-page SEO optimisations, including SEO optimised original content and copy
- Supporting in local SEO optimisations & implementing these changes across 3rd party platforms, such as Google My Business
- Supporting external and internal teams, such as PR, to develop and execute off-page SEO optimisations
- Ability to identify SEO problems, diagnosing root causes and making recommendations to drive improvements
- Working closely with agency & internal teams to continually improve our SEO capabilities, supporting in developing ongoing technical SEO Roadmaps
- Contributing towards the wider search strategy across DFS & Dwell.
The role is for you if...
- Experienced in SEO, with a deep understanding of ranking factors and optimization
- Proficient/Expert in SEO monitoring and reporting tools, especially Google Analytics & Search Console
- You possess strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Tenacity for driving improvements and reporting ROI across search channels
- Ability to communicate search performance to non-digital experts
- Collaborative work within digital, other business functions, and agencies
- Understanding of the Websphere commerce platform or similar ecommerce platforms
- Experience with third-party tools like Yext, Google My Business, Google Ads, Pi Datametrics (desirable)
Our Group comprises of DFS, Sofology and The Sofa Delivery Company. Our Group is a vibrant community of outstanding individuals contributing their talents across our renowned brands and crucial support functions. We work together across famous brands, each person playing a special role in shaping furniture retailing.
At our core, we're driven by a clear purpose to bring great design and comfort into every home, affordably, responsibly and sustainably. DFS and Sofology are complementary – they appeal to different customer segments and allow us to target the majority of the market with creative direction managed by each brand team. Our customers and our people are at the heart of everything we do, and our culture is rooted in our values.
- Excellent salary + Bonus + Benefits
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Generous holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get! Opportunity to purchase additional holidays each year!
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay
- Full comprehensive training
- Paid days to volunteer each year
Any offer is subject to references & DBS Checks