Your new role
Location: Lincoln House Factory, Alfreton, DE55 4QQ
(although travel to sites within Yorkshire, Derbyshire, & Nottingham is required - so a driving license is essential.)
Hours: Full Time. 40 hours per week.
Salary: £41,000 - £51,000 (dependent on experience)
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a Senior Time & Motion Engineer to join our fast paced Manufacturing team at our Lincoln House Factory site on a permanent basis.
A Senior Time & Motion Engineer will be responsible for conducting time and motion analysis on the end to end process of Upholstery manufacturing. Their analysis and data will define how our teams are paid for the work that they complete, so a high attention to detail is essential. Strong collaboration and communication skills are paramount as they play a key role in new product launches as well as driving consistency through all processes and becoming the “go-to” person for queries and requests.
The role is for you if...
Ideally, we are looking for the following experience, although if you do not tick all the boxes please don't let it stop you applying:
- Experience and ability to generate product timings from synthetic data to allow accurate cost estimates to be generated prior to physical time study.
- Experience with effective stakeholder management at all levels from colleague through to leader level
- Minimum 5 years work study experience working in a piecework environment.
- Upholstery factory and frame manufacture exposure is essential
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
We want you to really feel at home at DFS, with the support you need to do your best work, as well as a range of great benefits:
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax (and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get!)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay