Your new role
Location: Northern Upholstery, Doncaster, DN6 7BD
Hours: Full Time. 40 hours per week.
Shifts: This role will operate over two alternating shifts. The morning shift - Monday to Friday 6.00am to 2.00pm and the afternoon shift - Monday to Thursday 2.00pm to 12.20am.
You will be paid an initial training rate for the role and once trained will be paid Piecework for the work that you complete.
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a Trainee Fabric Cutter to join our fast paced manufacturing team at our Northern Upholstery manufacturing site, DN6 7BD, on a permanent basis. A Trainee Fabric Cutter is a role to start building a rewarding career and making yourself at DFS. You will learn the processes of cutting fabric as part of the Upholstery manufacturing process building your ability and knowledge of using our Lectra cutting machines along the way.
No previous experience is required, just a desire to succeed and a willingness to learn.
The role is for you if...
Knowledge of the upholstery manufacturing process would be beneficial but not essential, but the ability and drive to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment is definitely required.
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
We want you to really feel at home at DFS, with the support you need to do your best work, as well as a range of great benefits:
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax (and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get!)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay