Your new role
Location: DFS Northern Uph, Doncaster, DN6 7BD
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time. 40 hours per week.
Shifts: This role will operate over two alternating shifts. The morning shift - Monday to Friday 5.30am to 1.30pm and the afternoon shift - Monday to Thursday 2.00pm to 12.20am.
Salary: You will be paid an initial training rate until you are up to speed, you will then be paid piecework (so you will be rewarded for the more you make)
What you'll be doing
We're looking for a Trainee Furniture Frame Assembler to join our fast paced Manufacturing team at our Northern Upholstery manufacturing site on a permanent basis. A Trainee Furniture Frame Assembler is a role to start building a rewarding career and making yourself at DFS.
All DFS sofa frames are hand made in our manufacturing sites to ensure quality and will then pass through the factory until the product is complete. Our frame assemblers will take a number of different materials and assemble them using staples and glue to ensure a fixed structure. A high attention to detail is essential as is being comfortable using power tools. This role will give you the training opportunity to transfer your already established skills and hone them on to a new product.
This role will require a high amount of heavy lifting.
The role is for you if...
This role really suits people who have good joinery experience and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. Ideally you will also be comfortable working with their hands with multiple materials and tools and be capable of a lot of manual handling and heavy lifting.
It takes a whole lot of passion to be at the centre of what makes a house feel like home — and that’s just what we do at DFS. We’re the leading sofa retail specialist in the UK, helping people find a comfy seat on their great quality sofas since 1969.
We're a market leader in the UK because of one thing: our people. Our people made us who we are and will drive us into our ambitious future, together. We offer incredible opportunities to get stuck into fun and meaningful work as well as learn new skills — so you can really ‘find your thing’.
We want you to really feel at home at DFS, with the support you need to do your best work, as well as a range of great benefits:
- A huge 30% colleague discount, plus 15% friends & family discount across our Group (DFS, Sofology, Dwell)
- Holiday allowance – the time you need to rest and relax (and the longer you’re with us, the more time you’ll get!)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave to give you the time you need to settle in with your new family member
- Access to a range of high street & online discounts from: Sainsbury’s, ASOS, Currys PC World, IKEA, John Lewis and more.
- Discounted Gym and Cinema memberships to help you unwind
- Progression and Development opportunities to grow your skills
- Group Pension Scheme
- Group Sharesave Scheme
- Life Assurance & Company Sick Pay